Research|New York, NY
Wolfe Research is seeking a Research Coordinator who has interest in the world of finance and is looking to gain experience in a corporate, but entrepreneurial setting. This position provides the unique opportunity to learn about the distinctive roles of sales, research, trading, capital markets, marketing, operations, and accounting. Our firm features some of the top analysts on Wall Street, with large, dominant franchises. This role includes challenging tasks and process ownership that will allow you to showcase product knowledge, problem-solving skills, and creativity in a fast-paced, growing environment. Wolfe Research is a mentoring shop promoting professional growth; we provide motivated candidates the opportunity to explore a career in Equity Research by providing mentors, group and individual career development sessions, and the opportunity to develop a career as a Research Associate in due time.
- Provide support to 2 – 4 Senior Research Analysts and teams.
- Daily work within Microsoft Office with hyper focus in Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint.
- Heavy use of CRM platform SingleTrack and additional internal databases.
- Maintain distribution lists and other databases and excel lists.
- Provide data analysis through CRM system to show various metrics (i.e. readership, Analyst allocation analysis).
- Book travel and prepare expense reports, maintain analysts’ calendars, schedule meetings, conference calls and global marketing calendars.
- Assist with planning and execution of firm conferences and other marketing events.
- Maintain a public image for the firm at conferences/events.
- Plan and execute logistics for Analyst events (i.e. group lunches, Analyst access events).
- Coordinate all event related logistics, including catering, audio/visual set-up, providing marketing materials, ground, and air transportation.
- Responsible for phone, video, and webinar coverage, as well as moderating panels & industry
- Perform a variety of complex, responsible, and confidential support functions that require a high degree of independent judgment.
- Perform certain research and analysis in different areas of focus.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, accurate, complete and logical reports; work independently with little direction; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; meet schedules and timelines; work confidentially with discretion; interpret, apply and explain firm policies and procedures; analyze situations accurately and recommend effective course of action.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a proven academic record, preferably Business, Economics, Accounting, Statistics and /or Finance concentration.
- Strong research abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Skilled within Excel with ability to use pivot tables, VLOOKUP, and basic formulas.
- Bloomberg and/or FactSet terminal use may be needed for special projects (prior experience not required).
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong commitment to accuracy, detail, and follow-up.
- Proactively handle regular activities without prompting, guidance and direction
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve and prioritize to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Interested in pursuing a career in Equity Research with a high degree of motivation to succeed as an individual and with your team.
- SIE, Series 7, and Series 63 FINRA exams not required upon hire, but are encouraged after at least 6 months in the role, with approval from supervisor.
Interested candidates, please apply via the application.
At Wolfe Research, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work and pay transparency is an integral practice for us. The compensation for this role is market competitive with an annualized base salary range of $70,000 -$95,000. We intend to offer the selected candidate base salary within this range, based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to skill-set, job-related experience, education, location, organizational needs and, where applicable, licenses or certifications obtained.
Wolfe Research recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or sexual orientation, disability, age, citizenship or other characteristics. At Wolfe Research, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing integrity and objectiveness to our research process and we know our company’s biggest strength is the hard work, collaboration and diverse views and opinions of our passionate and creative employees. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply that diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different, also make us stronger.