Vice President, Accounting
Wolfe Research, LLC is a premier independent sell-side research firm with a commitment to best-in-class content and ongoing strategic growth. Wolfe Research was voted #5 for equity research during 2022 by institutional clients in the prestigious “Institutional Investor” All-America Research Poll, trailing only significantly larger bulge bracket firms, who have historically not been viewed as our peers.
We strive for excellence in every facet of our business, and we will continue to differentiate ourselves by maintaining the highest standards for effort, client service, thoughtfulness, and integrity. Wolfe remains committed to providing a home for the top-ranked, most innovative and inspired analysts and sales people, and places significant emphasis and resources on mentoring talent.
We are seeking a full-time Vice President or Senior Vice-President in Accounting who will play a pivotal role in the growth of the Accounting department and the overall development of the company. You will be given challenging tasks and process ownership that will allow you to showcase technical knowledge, problem-solving skills and creativity in a fast paced, growing environment.
What will you do?
- Manages the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management
- Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company entities.
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP and IFRS. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
- Ensure income tax compliance related to domestic and foreign operations, including preparing returns and estimated payments.
- Assist other tax and administrative projects as they arise.
- Assist with quarterly and year-end tax preparation for firm/partners.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the AR department; create, implement and maintain policies, procedures and controls.
- Manage and streamline billing and collection process and cash application functions for the company.
- Oversee administration of the employee expense reimbursement system including employee set up and terminations, managing inquiries, and providing trainings with the global employees.
- Seek opportunities for synergy, improvement, simplification and automation of existing processes and reporting across expense related expenditures and pursue continuous improvement in order to scale for growth.
- Establish monthly travel and expense analysis reporting standards for distribution to management team in support of budget and policy compliance objectives.
- Mentor, and manage the junior staff.
- Participation in special projects, including new system implementations and integrations.
- Special projects including regulatory exams and requests for information.
- Expected to work from Stamford, CT office at least twice per week for up to 12 months.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with accounting principles and standard practices
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, and able to work on multiple time sensitive projects.
- Solid technical skills in particular Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational/project management skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to execute multiple projects, simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Superb attention to detail and able to deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite is a must (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience in federal, state income tax, sales and use, property tax matters.
- 8+ years’ experience corporate finance experience, financial services industry preferred
- Bachelor degree in accounting/finance ore related fields.
- Experience at a financial services firm is a plus.
- CPA is preferred.
- NetSuite experience is highly recommended; Chrome River EXPENSE is a plus.
Interested candidates should apply here and send a resume and cover letter expressing why you believe you’d be a great fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Vice President, Accounting” in the subject line.
About Wolfe Research:
At Wolfe Research we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work and pay transparency is an integral practice for that. The compensation for this role is market competitive with a base salary range of $125,000 -$225,000. We intend to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to skill-set, job-related experience, and location.
Wolfe Research recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or sexual orientation, disability, age, citizenship or other characteristics. At Wolfe Research, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing integrity and objectiveness to our research process and we know our company’s biggest strength is the hard work, collaboration and diverse views and opinions of our passionate and creative employees. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply that diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different, also make us stronger.