SVP, Tax & Accounting
Accounting|New York, NY
We are seeking a full-time Senior Vice President on our Accounting team based in New York, who will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the firm’s FP&A (Budgets & Analysis) and Tax functions. This candidate will play a pivotal role in the growth of the Accounting department and the overall development of the company. You will be given challenging tasks and process ownership that will allow you to showcase technical knowledge, problem-solving skills and creativity in a fast paced, growing environment.
- Work with Department Heads on annual budgeting process and periodic forecasting.
- Conduct budget and forecast vs actual variance analysis.
- Analyze strategic, operational and financial impact of the firm’s actions, and forecast and communicate outcomes of proposed scenarios.
- Develop and track performance metrics across the firm’s operations.
- Prepare worksheets for external tax accounting for:
- Filing Federal and State partnership income tax returns.
- Partners K-1’s
- State and local tax filings (NYC UBT, property, sales tax etc.)
- Conduct research & analysis on a wide range of tax issues.
- Prepare and file UK VAT returns.
- Prepare and file state sales tax returns, as necessary.
- Support tax audit defense.
- Create and review sales tax matrix for locations and products taxability.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, and able to work on multiple time sensitive projects.
- Solid technical skills in particular, advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- 10+ years’ related experience, financial services industry preferred.
- Ability to execute multiple projects, simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Superb attention to detail able to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance ore related fields.
- International Tax experience is a plus.
- Experience at a financial services firm is a plus.
- Experience with NetSuite and Chrome River EXPENSE is a plus
At Wolfe Research we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work and pay transparency is an integral practice for that. The compensation for this role is market competitive with a base salary range of $125,000 -$225,000. We intend to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to skill-set, job-related experience, and location.