Junior Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
Technology|New York, NY
The Technology Operations Team works with members across the firm to develop software engineering solutions and address technological needs. We are looking for a junior developer to focus primarily on designing and implementing ETL processes, APIs, and end-user data-driven applications.
Responsibilities & Professional Experience:
- Design, develop, and optimize the API & Data Integration process.
- Enthusiastic to learn new technologies, able to work independently under guidance of senior developers and management, able learn new platforms without extensive supervision. Collaborate with management, operations, business users, and other stakeholders in implementing the software development road map.
- Implement data-driven applications, primarily in Python. Develop scripts to perform data integration, ETL, end-user automation based on schedules and triggers. Scripts will consume APIs from SaaS vendors like NetSuite, Salesforce, Zoom, and other on-premise and cloud data sources, generate reports and notifications for operations and end-users.
- Develop small end-user applications and standalone applications for internal use using a framework to be determined, PowerShell, VBA, Python. Work with external development resources on larger apps.
- Write code that is robust, maintainable, scalable, secure, and re-usable. Use industry standard best practices for coding, testing, project management, continuous integration and delivery (Git/GitHub, Asana, CI/CD frameworks). Document software and operational processes it supports.
- Support applications with an understanding of responsive end-user support and troubleshooting.
- Identify potential process improvement areas and recommend solutions.
- Build processes to monitor the health and performance of software applications and databases.
- 0 to 3 years of software experience (newly grads are also welcome)
- A Bachelor’s degree (or higher-level degree) in computer science or a related field and/or a history of relevant internship and/or industrial work experience
- Understanding of fundamental algorithms and data structures. OO design skills and ability to understand and enhance other people’s code as well as develop from scratch
- Standard development toolchains (IDEs, Git/GitHub, Asana, automated build/test/deploy CI/CD frameworks like GitHub Actions, Jenkins)
- Good to have: SQL, Pandas, Salesforce, Integration platforms (Mulesoft, Jitterbit, Celigo etc.), Financial industry exposure or experience, Front end Web technologies (HTML, CSS, REST/JSON, XML, Web frameworks), Cloud platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eager to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and collaboratively
At Wolfe Research we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work and pay transparency is an integral practice for that. The compensation for this role is market competitive with a base salary range of $65,000 -$95,000. We intend to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to skill-set, job-related experience, and location.
Interested candidates, please apply here.