Vice President, Healthcare Facilities & Managed Care
Research|New York, NY
Wolfe Research is seeking a Vice President / Senior Associate to join its Institutional Investor-ranked Health Care Facilities & Managed Care Team. The associate will report to the Senior Analyst and will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the Health Care Facilities & Managed Care franchise including modeling, note writing, and helping to create differentiated research analyses. As the Vice President/ Senior Associate develops, responsibilities will expand to include communicating with clients and sales/traders, as well as participating in the creative process. The role requires accuracy, attention to detail, and a great deal of critical thinking. Strong writing, modeling, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required. Experience in equity research, investment banking, public accounting, consulting or in the Health Care industry is preferred.
Responsibilities & Professional Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to generate ideas: work closely and communicate effectively in a time sensitive environment, ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines, strong organizational skills, client service minded and strong writing skills
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills: working with large data sets in Excel/Access, and ability to source and process information independently
- Strong communication skills: particularly an ability to write efficiently and concisely
- Technical skills: Bloomberg and/or FactSet skills helpful, advanced Excel (macros, pivot tables, conditional formatting, short cuts), and statistics (regression, variance, covariance, and correlations)
- Use mastery of Excel functions: shortcuts, developing complex logic formulas, mastery of reference formulas, ability to integrate graphics/data tables, formatting, and basic programming
- Mandatory 2-5 years of experience in sell-side research (preferably on a Health Care Facilities/Managed Care team or other Health Care teams), on the buy-side, investment banking, public accounting, consulting or Health Care Facilities/Managed Care industry experience preferred
- Fully licensed with Series 7, 63, 86 & 87
- Comfortable working 10+ hour workdays and some weekends
- Advanced understanding of financial modeling, experience building and maintaining 3-statement model
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eager to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and collaboratively
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher form an accredited college or university, concentration in Finance, Accounting, Math, or Statistics preferred
- MBA, CPA, or CFA a plus
- Demonstrated academic ability with a minimum 3.5 GPA
At Wolfe Research we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work and pay transparency is an integral practice for that. The compensation for this role is market competitive with a base salary range of $115,000 -$200,000. We intend to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to skill-set, job-related experience, and location.
Wolfe Research recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or sexual orientation, disability, age, citizenship or other characteristics. At Wolfe Research, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing integrity and objectiveness to our research process and we know our company’s biggest strength is the hard work, collaboration and diverse views and opinions of our passionate and creative employees. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply that diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different, also make us stronger.