Associate, Autos & Auto Parts
Research|New York, NY
Wolfe Research is seeking an Associate to join Autos & Auto Parts Team and assist in all facets of the franchise. This role will require long hours to assist in the production of a daily comprehensive report and other research for clients. The role requires accuracy, attention to detail and a great deal of common sense. Other responsibilities include modeling, note writing, and helping create differentiated research analyses. Strong writing, modeling, excel and power point skills required. Experience in equity research, investment banking, public accounting or specific industry knowledge in the Autos/Industrials sectors is highly desirable and preferred. As the Associate develops, responsibilities will expand to include communicating with clients and sales/traders, as well as participating in the creative process.
Responsibilities & Professional Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to generate ideas: work closely and communicate effectively in a time sensitive environment, ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines, strong organizational skills, client service minded and strong writing skills
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills: working with large data sets in Excel/Access, and ability to source and process information quickly and independently
- Technical skills: Bloomberg/FactSet, advanced Excel (macros, pivot tables, conditional formatting, short cuts), statistics (regression, variance, covariance and correlations)
- Use mastery of excel functions: shortcuts, developing complex logic formulas, mastery of reference formulas, ability to integrate graphics/data tables, formatting and basic programming
- Excited to learn and contribute
- Team Player
- Passion for equity research and the Autos & Auto Parts sector in particular
- Comfortable working investment banking hours
- Advanced understanding of financial modeling, with experience building and maintaining 3-statemetn models
- 1-3 years of experience in sell-side research, buy-side, investment banking, public accounting, consulting, or industry experience is highly desirable and preferable
- Series 7, 63, 86, & 87 licensed individuals preferred, but also expected to be completed within your first 12 months on the team
At Wolfe Research we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work and pay transparency is an integral practice for that. The compensation for this role is market competitive with a base salary range of $95,000 -$115,000. We intend to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to skill-set, job-related experience, and location.